Albert Hare, M.D. Biography
(From ‘History of Allegheny County’, page 754)
Albert Hare, M.D., Tarentum, son of Robert and Sarah (Flack) Hare, was born in Tarentum, in 1855. His grandfather, Thomas hare, with his brothers, James and Robert, came from Ireland locating in Tarentum, in 1841, and secured a contract to build a section of the Pennsylvania canal. Thomas Hare was married in Ireland, and his family consisted of Robert, Alexander (how a lumber dealer), Maria (now Mrs. Samuel Black, of McKeesport, Pa.), and John, whose place of residence is unknown. The parents of Albert Hare were among the pioneers of Tarentum, and his father was one of its old merchants. There are but two surviving children: Emma (now Mrs. Eugene Hall, of Tarentum) and Albert. The subject of this sketch received his early education in the educational institutions of the county, and graduated in medicine in May, 1882, from the College of Physicians and Surgeons, Baltimore, Md., and began the practice of medicine at Tarentum. Dr. Hare is identified with many of the local offices of the borough, being a director in the gas company, a stockholder in the water-works, and having served several terms in the council. He is a member of Pollock Lodge, No. 502, and of the A. O. U. W.